Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Show yourself as hard worker; Another people will recognize you

             Hello, this is David Arteaga. I’m pretty sure that you guys have been waiting to hear from me on the blog which my wife was dragging me into.  Honestly I agree with her that our life is about testimony.  EVEN a testimony is part of GOSPEL and PREACH!

I got that word from Deaf Mission for Leadership Christian Conference.   One guy inspired me by his story about what happen to him before he arrived to Deaf Mission.. He got a free ticket to fly because he is best customer that travels, so the airline company gave him a free trip. He booked his flight, and get on the plane.   There are 2 stops between the start point and end point, from JAX to Atlantic airport then to OMAHA. That was his original plan.  Later, he flew down to Atlantic, he missed his next flight because front desk person was supposed to inform him when it’s time to board on the plane.  Apparently,  the person forgot about him, so he had to book another flight which required him to fly to CHICAGO.  He was not frustrated because he knew that God had a plan for him.  He flew to Chicago then when he hopped in the airplane to OMAHA, he was assigned to sit in the last row on the plane. So he sat and read the bible and noticed  the guy  that was sitting next to him was reading the bible too.  So he decided to talk him (write paper back and forth to communicate) and he ask that guy, “You reading bible? You a Christian too?”.   Hearing guy said  “Yes, my father recently passed away and is on the way home from his funeral.  I have been thinking a lot, but I am glad that God send someone to talk to me, now I do not feel alone anymore.”  Deaf guy announced at the Leadership Christian Conference, that SOMETIMES when you make a plan, and then the plan ended up being MESSED UP, to KEEP IN MIND that God have ANOTHER plan which is usually the best plan and KEEP your eyes open when you notice the frustration.  

So that story touched my heart at that moment.  It is so true because God always make every plan for everyone’s purpose.  HE REIGNS!  You and I have to know that HIS plan is always better plan than ours. 

Anyway. My topic is “Show yourself as hard worker;  Another people will recognize you.”  It happened to me recently.  I still couldn’t believe but it is going to be hard on my wife being lonely at home by herself, but in some way, God will show us about our blessings.   

So  4 weeks ago, my wife and I have noticed our budget was going downhill  so we had to find a way to stable our fianicial situations,  since my wife’s job as a in-home daycare for an disabled child was not too dependable.  I decided to tell my wife that I have to find second job to keep our fianicial stable to pay our household bills.  So we prayed and asked God for His best WISE choice/plan for us and take care of our fianical situation.  So I asked Him if you give me another job which it fine, if you don’t , then I will still TRUST in you, God.  Usually, I would  struggle to find another job, but  on April 12th, which is on a Thursday, I started applying for jobs, even my mom saw that some restaurants were hiring.  I went ahead and applied at Beacon Hills Bar & Grill.  I already have a job at Olive Garden, my schedule daily has always been Monday through Saturday 7am to 3pm.  A week later, on the 19th that’s on a Thursday, I called Beacon Hills to follow up on my application. They replied that they wanted to do a job interview so they asked me if I could come by tomorrow at 10am, Friday of 20th, so I had to check my OG schedule.  I was shocked and thought,  “GOD IS SO GOOD!”   Because at OG, I was scheduled to work at 11:45am! God’s plan were working out for me!  I became a little bit excited and  I realized it was a last minute to get a interpreter.  I thought about  one of my friends,  Emily B, from Olive Garden.  I decided to ask her if she was able to interpret for me at my interview.  She said that she normally have to work on Friday mornings, turned out she only has to work at 4pm.  So she was willing to interpret me.  AGAIN, How great God is!  So I went to the job interview.  Everything went really well!  My friend, Emily, did a GOOD JOB as an interpreter!   And last thing.  the assistant chef and owner of the restaurant walked in the kitchen then came back, ask me if I want this job.  I replied, “Yes”, then guess what they said! “YOU’RE HIRED!”.  I was so surpised!  That was a quick 15 minutes interview and decided to hire me right there! 

                Then, yesterday, I went to Beacon Hills to meet Chef Craig and sign the paperwork.  We chatted without having a interpreter with me this time but we communicated through writing on the paper.  It all went very smooth, until he mentioned about my old boss, Jeanette from Southeast Community College that works in the cafernia kitchen.   He mentioned that he knew her since 1992 because she was  working under Craig’s restaurant.  Even they lived close to each other (right across the street from each other).  That moment caused me to become curious, so I asked him, “Did you talked to Jeanette about me?”  Chef Craig said, “Oh yes, I did. I asked her many questions, but Jeanette gave me one answer.. “HIRE HIM quick before YOU ARE TOO LATE!”  At that moment when Chef Craig told me about it, my self-esteem boosted! Chef Craig continued to write what Jeanette said.  She told him that she enjoys  having me work with her.  She always knew that I’m a hard worker and tries myself to be the best chef. She also mentioned that she misses working with me.  I felt so grateful to God that He taught me to be patient with job even if it puts me under stress or struggling.  I showed them that I am a dependable and worthy to work with. 

So, that’s my thoughts!  So IF you do this through His righteous and show by being honest with yourself then people can see you through God’s deed work, and God will bless you more..

Now, It will be harder on my wife with me working a lot, so I’m asking you to please pray for my wife and I and for us to have a healthy relationship of marriage while I am working a lot. Thank you for reading this blog and enjoy your night!

God Bless,

David


No comments:

Post a Comment