Hello everyone!!
Me and my husband, David, just got home from Council Bluffs/Omaha! It was good being home....looking forward to sleep in our own bed!
I (Amanda) had a GREAT weekend in Norman, Oklahoma last weekend! It was VERY inspiring and a great experience! It was my first time going to christian women retreat conference. I went there with 3 other ladies--Lynda, Candice, and Jan. From their faces, they were gloried and had so much fun too! We fellowshipped with women from Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, and Missouri! We 4 were only ones from Nebraska! We ladies from Spring of Life Deaf Christian Church hope to change that for next year!
The 2 speakers at the CWDC were fanastic! The topic was "FAITH THROUGH THE FIRE" and we had two speakers which are: Laura Hill---from Tyler, Texas, a pastor's wife....which was a great oppounity for me to learn from her and share the experiences we've been through as a pastor's wife. I have to say this, she inspired me and makes me more excited to share God's words, I am hoping one of these days, I will get to travel and gospel God's words and share the experience being a pastor's wife and meeting other Christian deaf women! Her testimones inspires me and made me cry! If you're curious, ask me and I'll explain away! (If that's okay with you, Laura?! Heh)
Other speaker were Stacy Parks which is also from Texas, (not sure which town, I am sorry, Stacy, I got bad memory just like you, heh!). She will be moving to Ecuador in July to continue her ministry for deaf people that needs to know who is God, in Ecuador! She has a gift to work with deaf people and trying to set up a deaf church, she is not a pastor's wife like Laura but she does lots of ministry in different countries (Venezula, South America) are one of them! Her stories inspires me too!!!
I am looking forward to gospel more with my sister-in-law, Candice, and going to share our experiences and try to pull more women who are deaf and Christian to come to the women retreat conference in Norman, Oklahoma! Will have it again next year in April 2013! Interested for more information, contact me at Amarie23fick87@gmail.com or facebook: Amanda M. Arteaga, will give you more information about the retreat!
Some of you were curious about the weather there....right?! YES, there was tornado in Norman, Oklahoma, but with God's blessing, the tornado did not hit our area where we stayed at--although it did hit about 8 minutes from us! But prayers goes out for those got hit by tornados that weekend! God has protected us all weekend, I praise Him for His gracious love and being my shield!
We got home safely Sunday night and it was a good trip, chatting, eating, playing UNO and some 1-minute silent moments *snickering*. We all came home with HOLY SPIRIT that is fired in us and inspired us to go out and share God's words and gospel and gospel! Amen! =D
Now.....this weekend....Deaf Mission hosted an Deaf Christian Leadership Conference in Council Bluffs, Iowa! We all 4 Arteagas went to the conference! Many leaders from many different churchs in many different states came to Council Bluffs and shared our love for the Lord! We had several speakers that shared their experience and gave us FANASTIC ideas with creating powerpoints, videos, skits and many more for our church! The leaders that we all 4 Arteagas (Me, David, Jonathan, and Candice) have met are from Missouri, Texas, Florida, Canada, Maryland, Iowa, Nebraska, Massachusetts, and am sure there's more but cannot remember! But WOW, see, how God work through everyone who is leader for their church! We thank the speakers>>Bob Ayres, Linsay Jr. Darnell, Joseph Josseyln, Jose Abenchuchan, and Alex Abenchuchan for giving their presentations about leadership! We also thank the Deaf Mission staff including the IBTC students (International Bible Training Center) that set up the conference and provided everything that we all needed during the week and sharing their love to all of us! You guys did fanastic job!!!
I have all the notes written down from the presentation, it was just a great experience for me and my husband, along with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. We learned a lot and will use the techs that the speakers has taught us!! Curious about the information? Go ahead and ask awaaay, I would not mind putting down some notes if you're interested!
Am proud to say that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (Moises and Kristina Arteaga) were called by God to go on an missionary trip to Kenya, Africa in starting in June and help teach the children in Africa about bible and how God is powerful for us! They are accepting dontations to help with their missionary trip if you're interested!! Here is their blog: mkarteaga.blogspot.com , check it out and share their blessings with them! God has touched their hearts! God's so good!
Hmm...trying to think what I needed to say...it was just amazing and wonderful experience last 2 weeks going to 2 different conferences! Looking forward to going to more of these conferences! I always feel...inspired and could feel God touched my heart and thanked Him often for guiding me into the path to meet many deaf Christian people!
Had a good afternoon today after the final presentation at the conference. Went to my sister's house and had lunch with my sister (Kirstin) along with my husband, my handsome little nephew (Japheth) and brother-in-law (Jay). Our dogs Lola and Molly enjoyed other dogs' company (Star, Fox, Soby, Libby, and Cooper!) and came home and was so WORN out and slept pretty much entire evening! Also visited my mother too, she is doing great and makes me happy seeing her. Hoping to see her and my sister later this week! =D
Now..I think it's the end of the first day of our blog, heh! Will continue to post once awhile! Hope you all have a blessing weekend! Never forget what Jesus has done for us! Praise Him daily!!
Much Love
Amanda
Psalm 32:8
"The Lord says, "I will guide you
along the best pathway for your
life. I will advise you and watch
over you."
No comments:
Post a Comment